Thursday, January 31, 2013

Bone Thor's Hammer

To prevent my bored mind from wandering, I started to carve a hunk of beef bone that had broken off of a femur Mia was chewing apart. It was fun, though time consuming.

 It's shape was triangular to begin with, but through the use of my trusty wood carving tools and the like, I managed to rough out a tiny Thor's hammer.


 Thor's Hammer, or Mjolnir, was a common religious symbol during the viking era, and of the modern Asatru religion of today.

Typically, the pendant would have been made of silver or another metal. The black cord you see for the necklace lace itself is hemp.

I must apologize for the terrible quality photo. One of these days, I may actually get a real camera, and finally stop relying on my crummy phone!



2 comments:

  1. This looks awesome! I want to talk to you about a couple of things with your work, and also take some better pictures with a camera that can do good closeups

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure! I will definitely go to you for photography on my next bigger piece. As for my work, just let me know when and where and what you want to talk about.

      Delete