Saturday, January 26, 2013

War's Loss

While I enjoy a good poem, I myself am terrible at writing them. That doesn't keep me from trying, however. The following is a poem by myself, in an attempt to improve my skills.

War's Loss

Take my hand, grip it tight
Here we stand, ready to fight
Night is cold,
Shadows come,
Feel your fingers going numb?

Raise your head to the sky,
This may be the day we die.
Drawing blade,
Driving home,
Left ever to linger alone.

What has war and death wrought?
Was it right to have fought?
Her demise,
Soul broken,
For me, no words left be spoken.

It is the end don't you see,
Fallen away a part of me.
Creeping Ice,
Nights fall,
At last, I hear a faint call.

Home it cries, my ruined soul,
Will it again make me whole?
Warming touch,
Soft embrace,
Again, I come to see her face.

Rising light in the sky,
Driving out nocturnal lies.
Moon's rise,
Hope's return,
Feeling the love that I yearn.

Through Shadows, now we've found our end.
Yet tender touch, wounds will mend.

No comments:

Post a Comment