Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Introduction

Hello,

           My name is Daniel Johnson, and I am an aspiring writer, Blacksmith, and Bladesmith living in Logan, Utah. I believe that truly, we are always learning and honing our crafts, especially when it comes to bladesmithing. As notable bladesmith, (one I would consider a master) Dave Stephens said, "The trick is to accept the quest as a worthy pursuit unto itself. Realize you never arrive at a destination, but only at a checkpoints along the way, and the journey becomes the goal." With this in mind, I focus on always learning and improving, in the knowledge that there will always be someone more skilled than I, but that I will get there through hard work.

          The purpose of this blog will be to record my thoughts, ideas, and projects on my bladesmithing, Woodworking, and writing, as well as other profound interests, ideas, or beliefs I feel important.


          Now, as for my inspiration, I gain it through mythology and the natural world. Especially North mythology, and the vikings. I am very drawn to nature and heroic poems of ages past, and I hope that it shows in my work. Thank you for stopping by and visiting my page, I hope you enjoy my work, as well as my words.

No comments:

Post a Comment